A MINI-GRANT PROGRAM CALL FOR PROJECTS MAY 15, 2017
The East Central Michigan Prosperity Region 5 Mini-Grant Program is a new initiative being led by the East Michigan Council of Governments (EMCOG). This project is being funded by the State of Michigan as part of the state’s Regional Prosperity Initiative.
All county or municipal governments (city, village, township), downtown development authorities and economic development authorities, nonprofits, educational institutions, adult education agencies, workforce development agencies in the East Central Michigan Prosperity Region 5
Grant Amounts and Conditions
The total amount of funds available is $100,000 out of which grants can range from $2,000 to $20,000 each. (Note: the selection committee has the discretion to consider grant applications that are outside of the parameters of the $2,000 to $20,000 range). A local match or in kind service will be required as part of the grant, although the level of matching funds is not defined.
The East Central Michigan Regional Prosperity Region 5 Mini-Grant Program is intended to implement regional and sub-regional projects that further the Regional Strategy goals, objectives and actions throughout the 8-county region. Collaboration with other entities is encouraged. There are five categories of projects for which funding will be considered.
1. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING. This includes traditional economic development (business recruitment, expansion, and retention), regional planning & Collaboration, and marketing & regional image.
2. ENTREPRENEURSHIP & INNOVATION. This includes entrepreneurship, innovation, academic research & development, technology-based start-ups, and small business development
3. TALENT & WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT. This includes workforce development, adult education, secondary education (K-12), and higher education.
4. TRANSPORTATION & INFRASTRUCTURE. This includes transportation infrastructure (roads/highways, rail, airports, water-based transport), utilities (electric, gas, water, broadband) and public transportation.
5. PLACE-MAKING & TALENT ATTRACTION: This includes downtown revitalization, urban vitality, and recreation/entertainment amenities.
Download the application and review criteria here. For further information contact Jane Fitzpatrick at email@example.com or call 989-797-0800.