2019 GRANT PROGRAM CALL FOR PROJECTS APRIL 8, 2019
The third annual East Central Michigan Prosperity Region 5 Grant Program is being led by the East Michigan Council of Governments (EMCOG). This project is being funded by the State of Michigan as part of the state’s Regional Prosperity Initiative. The third year program includes two tiers of grants as described below. Further information, including the grant applications, scoring criteria and instructions are available at www.emcog.org Applications are due to EMCOG by 5:00 pm on Friday, May 17, 2019.
GRANT LEVELS, AMOUNTS AND CONDITIONS
$2,000 - $20,000 Level: The total amount of funds available for both Levels of grants is $145,000 out of which grants at this Level can range from $2,000 to $20,000 each. A local match and/or in kind service will be required as part of this grant level. The ratio of matching funds is not defined. Higher levels of match are encouraged.
$200 - $1,000 Level: The total amount of funds available for both Levels of grants is $145,000 out of which grants at this Level can range from $200 to $1,000 each The No local match is required at this grant Level.
The East Central Michigan Regional Prosperity Region 5 Grant Program is intended to implement regional and sub-regional projects that further the Objectives and Actions within the Regional Strategy. The Regional Strategy can be found at http://www.emcog.org/rpi_plan.asp Collaboration with other entities is encouraged. The Regional Strategy is focused on the following five broad goals:
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING. This includes traditional economic development (business recruitment, expansion, and retention), regional planning & Collaboration, and marketing & regional image.
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP & INNOVATION. This includes entrepreneurship, innovation, academic research & development, technology-based start-ups, and small business development
- TALENT & WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT. This includes workforce development, adult education, secondary education (K-12), and higher education.
- TRANSPORTATION & INFRASTRUCTURE. This includes transportation infrastructure (roads/highways, rail, airports, water-based transport), utilities (electric, gas, water, broadband) and public transportation.
- PLACE-MAKING & TALENT ATTRACTION: This includes downtown revitalization, urban vitality, and recreation/entertainment amenities.