On January 15, 2021 the EMCOG Council authorized the Regional Economic Development Team (RED Team) and staff to finalize and submit the 2021-2025 Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) to EDA Chicago. The RED Team convened immediately after the Council meeting to finalize and approve the CEDS.
Approval of the 2021-2025 CEDS was the result of a year long process which began in January of 2020 with involvement of the RED Team, a CEDS Steering Committee, and other stakeholder and public participation. Attendance at 35 public CEDS development meetings from January of 2020 to January of 2021 totaled over 350 participants. Due to the pandemic, these meetings switched to a virtual format beginning in March of 2020.
Post Approval – Now What? Following approval of the new CEDS on January 15th, EMCOG and the RED Team hosted an implementation workshop with breakout groups consistent with the five focus areas of the CEDS: Infrastructure, Workforce, Innovation, Place-making, and Economic Development. The results of this workshop will begin to fill out the CEDS Implementation Matrix by identifying those actions that can be started within the first 60 days along with the implementation partners. CEDS Implementation will be a standing agenda item for the RED Team. All meetings are open to the public.
- Download the January 2022 Performance Report
- Download the 2021-2025 5 year CEDS Strategies (updated in January of 2022)
- Download the 2021 CEDS Document
- Download the CEDS Handout
- Download the CEDS Focus Group Meetings Invitation
- Download the January 15, 2020 EMCOG CEDS Kickoff Presentation
- Download the January 17, 2020 EMCOG CEDS Kickoff Presentation
- Download the July, 2020 Target Sector Analysis
- Download the September 11, 2020 Proposed CEDS Overview Presentation
- Download the January 15, 2021 CEDS Implementation Workshop Presentation
For information on the CEDS or other economic and community development initiatives please contact Jane Fitzpatrick at firstname.lastname@example.org